Cannon printers are the best printers in terms of printing quality, rpm rates, affordable ink or toner cartridges, easily available parts, etc. Also, they are well-designed, portable and can easily fit in enough space. But in some cases, beginners like you might get confused and aren’t able to complete the printer installation in a proper manner.
This is where you can contact the Canon Printer repair Los Angeles or you can simply search in your web browser as – Printer repair Los Angeles. You will easily get the assistance for it.
Also, you can always contact on the toll-free number – +1(877) 894-5316.
But before that you must learn how to install Canon Printer MF232W on your own in Ubuntu.
Let’s get started,
Install Your Canon Printer MF232W in Ubuntu?
Cannon printers are one of the biggest brand names in the industry of electronics. They have been selling all kinds of printers which are widely used across the world.
Earlier drivers of Canon Printer MF232W were only available for Windows and Macintosh. But with the advanced technology, now the drivers are also available for platforms like Linux and Ubuntu on all printers.
And when you want to install Canon Printer MF232W driver you must add PPA repository especially when you have to work with Linux and Ubuntu.
Here are the steps to follow:
- The first step is to open the terminal. It can be done in two ways:
Open the terminal by searching the same term from the software launch.
Or you can use the combination of three keys – Ctrl+Alt+T.
- Now, add the given PPA into your Ubuntu system to proceed: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:michael-gruz/canon
- The next step is to type the password when it asks you to and press the enter button to proceed further.
This process is quite easy you just have to follow it step by step. And if you feel confused you can search Canon Printer repair or either Canon Printer Repair Near me in your favorite web browser.
To begin the installation process for Ubuntu you need to run sudo apt and get update so that you can refresh it. Thus, you have to type sudo apt install cnijfilter2 scangearmp2 cndrvcups-utility.
- Now, you need to disconnect the computer from the printer or you might turn off your Canon MF232W printer.
- The final step is to install Canon Printer MF232W driver is to give command: sudo apt-get install cnijfilter- mf232w series
- Finally, your Canon Printer MF232W driver will get installed. Connect your computer and turn it on again. Finally, your printer will detect the presence of your computer and will accept it on its own.
- And by now if drivers are not installed using the above command you can search for cnijfilter for printing in Synaptic package manager provided by Ubuntu Software.
- Now, select the install driver which is suitable as per your device and press ok button in order to install Canon printer.
Now, your printer is ready to use. Check it by using a printing a test document.
How to uninstall the drivers for Canon Printer MF232W in Ubuntu?
All you have to do to remove the drivers for Cannon printer MF232W is to:
- Run the command: sudo apt remove –autoremove cnijfilter2 scangearmp2 cndrvcups-utility cnijfilter-* scangearmp-*
- And, if you want to remove the PPA repository, you just have to go to the software and updates option and click on the other software option.
I hope this article help you in all ways, and you can also depend upon Canon Printer repair in Los Angeles. Or try to Call on toll free number – +1(877) 894-5316.