We all know that printer is a device which accepts the output such as text and graphic from a computer and transforms the data (in form of text or image) onto the paper. It is a complex machine which eases our work in a different manner. These are used for both personal use and commercial use.
As per their utility, purposes and special needs these printers vary in sizes, speed, price and quality of work. And, as the technology advances several printers have Wi-Fi which means you can print easily without the Huss-fuss of wires around you from your laptop/PC, tablet, and mobile device.
Also, due to this technology, you can print from different room or in some cases you can print from any part of the building. Most of the latest printers have in-built Wi-Fi. And, if you don’t have then no need to worry because in this blog, we have mentioned some ways for making your work to be done wirelessly by connecting it to a router.
But, before you start printing your documents, make sure you connect the printer to your network. And for this you just need a wireless router and a Wi-Fi printer.
- Connect to a Wireless Network –
- You have to click on the start button and open the control panel.
- After opening the control panel, you have to select the printer and driver option.
- Now add your printer and add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Now, select your Wi-Fi printer, and then click on the next button option.
- Click on install driver. And if you are prompted to install updated drivers for your printers. Select no option.
- Click on the finish button.
- Now, your printer is available to all devices connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Use the WPS Pairing Button –
You have to check whether your printer and router are compatible or not. If they are compatible with WPS then this should be an option in the printer’s network menu. And when it prompts on the screen then you just have to press the WPS pairing button on your router and the corresponding button on the printer to wirelessly connect the printer to the network of your preferred choice.
- Wi-Fi Auto-Connect –
This feature is available on most printers and is very easy to use. You will be able to use it if computer is already set up on your Wi-Fi network.
You have to select Wi-Fi auto connect and your printer will check the network of your computer is also on and uses the same information to connect itself to the Wi-Fi network.
- Connecting Using a Network Key or PIN –
In case, your printer doesn’t have WPs, then you have to enter a network key (a series of letters and numbers) into your printer using function buttons and screen on the printer to establish the connection between your printer and the router.
5. Set up the Connection on your PC –
- Click on the start button on your windows PC.
- Click on the control panel and open devices and printer option.
- Now, click on add a printer option.
- In the add printer wizard, click add a network wireless or Bluetooth printer.